I have a confession, I’m addicted to pancakes! They consist of my two favorite things in one.
Cake & Breakfast!
Seriously, who doesn’t love cake and pancakes are little mini flat/fluffy cakes, right?
Well, maybe if you’re on a diet you might want to fight the urge to have cake or even pancakes. But what if I told you could still have pancakes and they are actually healthy for you! and they don’t taste like buckwheat! Yes, they do exist and I’m going to give you the recipe for them.
So keep reading and find out how! The answer to making your pancakes or cake healthy is….
Sprouted flour! such as Spelt, Kamut and even whole wheat. When the flour is sprouted it offers are body the more nutrients and it breaks down easier during digestion. And here’s the best part sprouted wheat is recognised as a vegetable by your body, not as a wheat this means many people with gluten sensitivity can eat sprouted wheat with the exception of people with celiac. You should be able to find Sprouted wheat in most health food stores, or online. If you’re here in Canada you can find this flour in most Balk Barn Stores.
These pancakes are super light and fluffy with a melt in your mouth texture. I’m sure you’re going to love them as much has I do!
Spelt & Kamut Pancakes
makes 12-15 cakes
1/2 cup sprouted spelt flour
1/2 cup sprouted Kamut flour
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup of milk of your choice
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1 large egg
1 tbsp butter or ghee
1 tbsp honey
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1. Add the vinegar to the milk and set aside
2. heat a small pot on low heat. heat your butter and honey until melted
3. In a medium bowl add the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, & salt. Mix together.
4. light oil you non-stick skillet on medium heat.
5. beat the egg add to the flour mixture, add the milk, and butter mixture. Then give it a good stir.
6. add 1/8 of a cup of batter for each pancake.
7. flip once the bubbles appear on the top and the edges are shiny.
top them with your favourite pancake topping and enjoy!
If you make this, let me see! Tag your photo with #lemonandcorecipes on Instagram